Tigo's RSS (Rapid Shutdown System) Transmitter completes the cost-effective rapid shutdown system architecture when paired with Tigo's UL-certified TS4-F (integrated) and/or TS4-R-F (retrofitted/add-on) solutions. The RSS Transmitter sends a signal to the TS4-F units to keep PV modules connected while powered on and supplying energy. TS4-F units automatically enter rapid shutdown mode when the RSS Transmitter is switched off and resume energy production when power is restored to the RSS Transmitter. This solution complies with NEC 2014 & 2017 690.12 specifications utilizing power-line communication (PLC).
- The only multivendor UL Certified solution to meet the NEC 690.12 2017 code requirements
- Module-level deactivation with TS4-F and TS4-R-F
- Available for integrated and retrofitted/add-on PV installations
- Automatic or manual shutdown with TS4-F and TS4-R-F
- Easy installation, no commissioning process is required
- Compatible with many UL-listed residential & commercial inverters
- Supports SunSpec signaling
Dual Core Kit Specifications
- Max Current (in Outdoor Kit): Dual Core: 200 Amps
- Max String Voltage: 1500 Volts DC
- Max Number of Strings: 10
- Max Supported PV Modules per String: 30
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F) in Outdoor Enclosure
- Enclosure Environmental Rating: IP68, NEMA 4
Solar Rapid Shutdown Electrical Code Requirements and Solutions
A summary of the rapid shutdown requirements for solar rooftop...
Tigo TS4 F/2F Rapid Shutdown Device Installation - TS4 Course Excerpt from Tigo Academy
This is a video excerpt from the TS4 Design and Installation C...
Tigo RSS (Rapid Shutdown System) Transmitter with Pure Signal technology
A technical summary from our training director on the features...
Tigo TS4 Flex MLPE - Product Overview
An overview of the Tigo TS4 Flex MLPE (Module Level Power Elec...