The EG4 MPPT100-48HV solar charge controller extracts the maximum available power from your PV modules and safely converts it to a lower voltage to charge your battery bank. Optimize your new or existing solar power system by adding this unit and take advantage of additional solar harvesting capabilities.
Powerful PV array MPPT voltage range - No need for combiner boxes
- Max open-circuit voltage of 500VDC
- 5500W max usable solar panel PV array power when combining 2 strings with a branch connector
- 22A max PV string current
- Capable of charging a 5.12kWh EG4 battery in ~1 hour @ 100A
- Recommended operating usage: 80A total or 30A per battery to maintain battery lifespan
- 48-62VDC charging voltage (default 56Vdc)
Built-in breakers for added protection.
- PV array DC disconnect breaker
- Built-in battery breaker for added protection
Effective and efficient
- 94% max charge controller efficiency
- Less than 25W self-consumption
- The MPPT charger is able to communicate with EG4 batteries when operating with non-EG4 compatible inverters via its RS485 BMS port.
What is an MPPT Charge Controller?
An MPPT, or maximum power point tracker is a DC-to-DC converter that optimizes the power between the solar panel array, and the battery bank. Basically, they convert a higher voltage DC output from solar panels down to the lower and consistent voltage needed to charge batteries.